Now you've moved into the next phase of your project, and that's getting a Free Vinyl Siding Estimate! Of course the easiest way to request a vinyl siding estimate is at the top of this page, and can be completed within 30 seconds.... But what else should you know about, or look for in a written vinyl siding estimate?
Firstly, you should only get a vinyl siding estimate in writing! If everything is in writing there should be no confusion later about what was, or what was not included in your vinyl siding estimate.
The most common points of contention ( other than price ) in a vinyl siding estimate are:
- Material used - ask for a sample
- Color - put it on the contract, different colors can have vastly different prices
- Gutters ( LINK TO GUTTER SECTION ) - Are new gutters included?
- Shutters ( LINK TO SHUTTER SECTION ) - Are shutters included, are they special order due to size or style, are they included on the front or multiple sides?
- Trim Coverage ( LINK TO TRIM COVERAGE SECTION ) - Will the trim, fascia, soffit and rake boards be covered?
- Down payment - Is the down payment reasonable? Will the contractor request any additional monies before completion ( if so, make sure it's after concrete milestone completions )
- Is the contractor licensed, insured and pulling permits ( should/MUST be yes on all 3 )